Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Hamptons & Long Island Homegrown Cookbook Secures Pub Date


I have a date with a warehouse.

Well, in fact, my book does!  

My editor, Melinda, wrote yesterday to say the book “The Hamptons & Long Island Homegrown Cookbook is printing the end of March and is scheduled to be in the warehouse here, April 25.

That is music to my ears.

And it’s pretty much spot-on, timing-wise for heralding the spring and summer homegrown edible gardening and farming, and dining season!


To pre-order my book "The Hamptons & Long Island Homegrown Cookbook" at B&N, Amazon:



I also got to “E-Meet” Brenda who is the publisher’s pro and my contact for ordering the book.  It’s my understanding that Brenda will be working with me and the restaurants and farm stands and gift shops to make the book available to homegrown fans and enthusiasts. 

And Melinda wrote last week that they have assigned a public relations expert to work with me locally to get the word out about the book and the amazing master chefs and the farmers who inspire them.

We tightened up the mailing list this week for the growers and farmers and added a few web sites for those artisanal growers who are just putting up a web site.

I am now trying to add the book jacket and the pre-order link to the signature on my email accounts and to my blog.  But boy, is technology wrestling with me. Oooohhh.

But hey, I’ve come through the rings of fire to get to this point so this pesky posting is like a walk in the park.

Culinary Cubs

I am very much looking forward to producing a fascinating cohort of passionate foodies and cooks to test out and try the recipes from the book, prior to publication. 

I am naming my special cooking group, the Culinary Cubs :)   
If you are a foodie and want to be part of the experience, do let me know. 
My plan is to share a recipe or two every week with the Culinary Cubs. 
Everyone will make the dish(es) and then write and or blog about the recipe preparation and the finished dish. 

I’ll publish the unedited feedback here on the Master Chefs blog and will also share a monthly update on my Examiner.com Food & Drink column.

It will be fun and informative! 
And oh-so-delicious. 

It’s getting exciting now.

Cheers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment